Associate Professor KAWACHI Yousuke
- Graduate School Faculty of Arts and Letters
- Division of Department of Integrated Human Sciences
- Psychology and Linguistics Course
- Department of Psychology
- Research, History
- Books, papers, etc.
Perceptual and Cognitive Psychology: Experimental Psychology (Special Lecture); Experimental Psychology (Advanced Lecture)
Experimental Psychology (Seminar)
- Personal History
BA, Faculty of Arts and Letters, Tohoku University
PhD, Graduate School of Arts and Letters, Tohoku University
Lecturer, Kansei Fukushi Research Institute, Tohoku Fukushi University
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology for Human Well-Being, Faculty of Comprehensive Walfare, Tohoku Fukushi University
Apr. 2020 Appointed to current position
- Ph.D. (Literature)
- Experimental Psychology; Psychophysics; Perceptual and Cognitive Psychology; Cognitive Neuroscience
- Research Subject
- Research on visual information processing, inter- and intrasensory integration, kansei information processing, structural and functional brain analysis
- inter- and intrasensory integration; scene perception; kansei information processing; neuroimaging
- The Japanese Psychological Association; The Japanese Psychonomic Society; Vision Society of Japan; The Japanese Society for Cognitive Psychology; Tohoku Psychological Association; Vision Science Society
- Academic Papers
Kawachi, Y. and Gyoba, J. (2006). A new response-time measure of object persistence in the tunnel effect. Acta Psychologica, 123(1-2), 73-90.
Kawachi, Y., Kawabe, T., & Gyoba, J. (2011). Stream/bounce event perception reveals a temporal limit of motion correspondence based on surface feature across space and time. i-Perception, 2(5), 428-439.
Kawachi, Y., Kawabata, H. Kitamura, S. M., Shibata, M., Imaizumi, O., & Gyoba, J. (2011). Topographic distribution of brain activities corresponding to psychological structures underlying affective meanings: An fMRI study. Japanese Psychological Research, 53(4), 361-371.
Kawachi, Y., Matsue, Y., Shibata, M., Imaizumi, O., & Gyoba, J. (2013). Auditory startle reflex inhibited by preceding self-action. Psychophysiology, 51(1), 97-102.
Kawachi, Y., Grove, P.M., & Sakurai, K. (2014). A single auditory tone alters the perception of multiple visual events. Journal of vision, 14(8):16, (1–13).
Kawachi, Y. (2016). Visual Mislocalization of Moving Objects in an Audiovisual Event. PLoS ONE 11(4): e0154147.
Sung, Y.W., Kawachi, Y., Choi, U.S., Kang, D., Abe, C., Otomo, Y., & Ogawa, S. (2018). A Set of Functional Brain Networks for the Comprehensive Evaluation of Human Characteristics. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 12:149.
2006 Best Presentation Award, the 25th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Psychonomic Society
2007 Best Presentation Award, the 26th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Psychonomic Society
2008 Human Communication Award, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
2008 Best Presentation Award, the 27th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Psychonomic Society
2009 Best Presentation Award, the 28th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Psychonomic Society
2010 Best Presentation Award, the 29th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Psychonomic Society