Associate Professor NAKANISHI Taro
- Graduate School Faculty of Arts and Letters
- Division of Department of Japanese Studies
- Japanese language Studies Course
- Department of Japanese Linguistics
- Research, History
- Books, papers, etc.
- Japanese Linguistics (General Lecture); Japanese Linguistics (Special Lecture); Japanese Linguistics (Seminar)
- Personal History
Received a B.A. in Japanese linguistics at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Letters, Tohoku University
Received a Ph.D. at the Graduate School of Arts and Letters, Tohoku University
Research fellow in charge of industry-academia collaboration, Graduate School of Arts and Letters, Tohoku University
Lecturer, Faculty of Languages and Cultures, Meikai University
Lecturer, Mejiro University
Associate Professor, Faculty of Letters, Atomi University
- Ph.D. (Literature)
- Japanese linguistics, Japanese dialectology, Sociolinguistics
- Research Subject
Research on communication such as greetings and language behavior
Research on communication with non-native speakers
Dialectological research through corpora-based methods
- greetings; linguistic behavior; non-native speakers; accessible Japanese; dialects; Great East Japan Earthquake (Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami); communication
- The Society for Japanese Linguistics; Dialectological Circle of Japan; The Japanese Association of Sociolinguistic Sciences
- Save the Dialect, Save the Dialect - Proposals from the 3.11 Disaster Area (Hitsuji Shobo, 2013), Opening the Future of Dialectology (Hitsuji Shobo, 2014) and The Great Question of the Japanese Language (Gentosha, 2021).
- Academic Papers
“Utilizing Dialects in the IT Society,” in Yasushi Hanazawa and Saeko Arai (eds.), Practical Dialectology Course: Activating Society with Dialects. Tokyo: Kuroshio Shuppan, 2020.
“The Standardization of New Year's Greetings and Condolence Expressions,” in Takashi Kobayashi (ed.), Dialectology of Language Behavior by Nationwide Survey. Tokyo: Hitsuji Shobo, 2021.
“Towards a Linguistic Typology of Greeting Expressions: A Comparison of Japanese and Taiwanese Greeting Expressions,” in Kenji Tomosada (ed.), Developments in the Study of Interjections. Tokyo: Hitsuji Shobo, 2022.
“Group language (shūdango),” in Yoshiyuki Asahi, Mayumi Usami, and Fumio Inoue (eds.), Handbook of Japanese Sociolinguistics Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton, 2022.
“Distribution and Formation Process of Greetings during Visits to Other People's Homes,” in Takashi Kobayashi (ed.), Dialectology of Interjections Based on Nationwide Survey. Tokyo: Hitsuji Shobo, 2022.