Before You Leave
- Contact partner professor at home university for information on applications, requirements, and deadlines.
- Apply for the Siebold Program through the partner professor at the home university.
- Arrange for travel insurance.
- Ensure you have a valid credit card (needed for mobile phone)
- Book your flight.
- If Sendai Airport is not your arrival destination, arrange travel to Sendai
- Pack your Certificate of Eligibility in your carry-on luggage.
Costs of Living
Be sure to prepare a budget to ensure that you can pay your monthly expenses. The scholarship included as a part of the Siebold Program is sufficient to cover basic expenses, but it is a good idea to be aware of general costs and plan for unforeseen eventualities. A basic guide to student costs in Sendai is available here.